Grey



 Although I'm free there's a sickness inside

The older I get the harder it gets to hide

 Cold and desolate a heart turned cold

Perhaps a life of leisure had my steps been bold

  To play it safe, keeping rage at bay

Emotions are like colors 

   And mine have turned grey

Words come easy sometimes with a cost

   Sadness to creation but usually I'm lost

If someone cared I probably would tell

   But ears have gone deaf 

And heads have started to swell

   I thought I could change minds

But there's none to be swayed

   Trying to Avert the damage until another day

For now I'll keep it inside

   And turn the shade to grey

Blacks turn to blacks while whites stick to whites

   Cut off from the land and read our last rites

Color doesn't matter 

   Inside we've gone grey

 Hoping to Avert the damage if only for today

   Is there something I can do

 Is there something I can say

   Play it safe another time

 And turn the shade to grey

                                             O³


  



Comments

Randy_Sun said…
I thought that was pretty good.
kls said…
Yes it's quite good!!😘

Popular Posts