March 2 2020






  On August 21st 2017 there was a total eclipse of the Sun that went from the Pacific ocean, across the Rocky mountains, through the heartland, across the southeast and beyond the Atlantic ocean. This was a rare event where the Moon overlapped the Sun blocking it's rays and in some cases causing complete darkness in the middle of the day.
   There's a verse from the Quran, I believe in the book of resurrection that says "when the Sun and Moon unite then that land will know that destruction is about to befall it".
    Before I go any further I would like to tell the reader that this isn't a story about science and it isn't a story about Islam. This is simply an appeal to people living in my country these United States to open their eyes and see the times we're living in.....



    I'm a 50 year old man serving a three year prison sentence in Indianapolis, Indiana.
    When I was 14 my mother while high on valium and whiskey shot my father 7 times until he was dead. That was 1984 and whatever hopes and dreams I had up until that point would soon fade into memories
   My generation ushered in things like the microwave, cable tv, Mtv and yes video games.
    At the age of 13 I was a good athlete and already well known in my hometown. I went to typical teen-age parties where jocks were supposed to be seen. What I didn't know at the time was that I was already an alcoholic. 
    I can't help but wonder what my life would have been like had I known God at an earlier age. Sure my Mother and Father took me to church sometimes. I was even baptized. It's just a shame that at the age of 8 I didn't have a clue what baptism was. I'm not sure if anyone in my household truly had a relationship with God. I believe that my parents may have attended church for the wrong reasons. Unfortunately I don't believe they were alone in this.
   As I sit here in my prison dorm it amazes me the of the lengths that these inmates will go to just to escape reality. As you can guess there are drugs here in the prison. 
    I can't say I blame them though. Had my relationship with God not been growing through my incarceration I would probably be right there with them.
    You might not believe this but you can get just about any drug you want here in the prison.
After all this is the heartland of America and where there's a will there's a way. And there's very much a will to escape this reality. I had been trying to find God

   ( I have found him but still a mess) even before my incarceration but I watched the homeless and murder rates go up about a 1000% in the last 10 years. I watched neighborhoods turn into ghost towns, while neighborhood churches closed their doors. I watched the strength of the drugs go up while the prices went down. I personally tried to live a better life but I barely could keep a roof over my head and I just couldn't dig out of the whole.
    You might be wondering why I've decided to tell my story. Well actually I haven't. I've told you of my story which is a common story in these United States. 
    When a person sits back and looks at all the signs, natural disasters getting worse, new forms of sickness like the "Coronavirus", inner turmoil here at home not to mention the foreign threats that we've always had to deal with. Then there's a fact that most people don't want to look at, which is that we're surrounded by water. Water that's rising in record numbers because of global warming. If the powers that be don't get a handle on global warming it's a done deal anyway.
    I can't fix any of these problems. The only thing I know to do is try and become a better person myself and try and worship God the way He's supposed to be worshipped. If people don't" Avert" their eyes from the problem then maybe we can "Avert" from the destruction a little longer.

                                                    

                                Copyright ©️ O³ March 2 2020




  

Comments

Steve Hayes said…
I thought that was very heartfelt and maybe just in time.
said…
Https://qlinkwirelessportal.com
kls said…
Everytime I read it I love it. !!

Popular Posts